Have you ever thought of doing a challenging job abroad? Would you like to use your professional skills to improve somebody’s life? Are you willing to leave your family for several months to go and work in a developing country?
If you answered “yes” to at least one of these questions, read further!
In order to provide medical care to our patients effectively, we need staff to manage the technical side of projects so that our doctors have everything they need to do their job. WE ARE LOOKING FOR experienced professionals with a TECHNICAL background (Architects, Construction Engineers, Electricians, Motor Vehicle Experts).
- CONSTRUCTION ENGINEERS/ARCHITECTS plan, carry out, and oversee the development or reconstruction of healthcare facilities. They are responsible for the local staff, which they hire, train, and supervise. In this position, construction engineer/architects will negotiate with local contractors and suppliers and order necessary materials and supervise their use.
- ELECTRICIANS working in the field for MSF undertake the evaluation of electric installations of a project (hospitals, stocks, compounds), making sure that MSF standards are being met. They will be involved in the design, improvement and maintenance of electrical installations as well as pump/generator maintenance and trouble-shooting. They will also supervise and train local staff.
- MSF’s cars and trucks are often put under extreme stress. MOTOR VEHICLE experts are needed to maintain our vehicles, as well as to hire, train, and supervise local vehicle maintenance staff.
PožiadavkyCompleted vocational training in a technical field
At least 2 years of work experience in a relevant field
Improvisational and mechanical skills.
Very good knowledge of English essential, other languages (in particular French) are a major advantage
Willing to work in potentially unstable environments and adhere to security rules
Available to leave for a mission of 1 to 3 months
- Working contract for the duration of the assignment with a monthly gross salary of 1,050 EUR
- Demanding but also very rewarding work
- Working as part of a multicultural team
- Coverage of all mission-related costs (travel, accommodation, insurance)
- Professional and personal enrichment