Major tasks and responsibilities of Senior accountant will include:
- Initiate/approve requests for new / changes of GL accounts or other GL master data according to defined work procedures
- Perform manual General Ledger postings as defined within the activity split.
- Perform monitoring and clearing of accounts according to defined work procedures
- Review the closing results and follow up with business
- Perform closing activities
- Support Audit and Control
- Contribute to the continuous maintenance and the update of General Ledger/Closing process activities and procedures as well as taking part in projects.
- Supports team members to achieve performance and quality standards as defined in relevant service level agreements.
- Degree in Economics or Business Administration with major in accounting.
- 3-5 years of experience in the area of Accounting (Ideally in a SSC).
- Proven experience in the area of General Ledger/Closing processes in a complex and international business environment.
- Thorough knowledge of IFRS, local tax and accounting laws
- Work experience with SAP FI/CO/BW and typical other IT-tools.
- Self-disciplined with ability to work independently and under stress and pressure.
- Strong service orientation: strong commitment to customer orientation and understanding of customer needs and market trends.
- Strong communication skills with ability to effectively present concepts to cross-functional teams, customers and stakeholders.