Our client, the company Babcock & Wilcox Slovakia s.r.o. is a daughter company of Babcock & Wilcox Vølund - one of the world's most renowned companies within advanced and environmentally sound technologies for producing energy from waste and biomass. B&W Vølund opened the state-of-the-art engineering centre in Trenčín in 2015 where alltogether 40 - 50 experienced engineers and specialists will be located by the end of 2017. Chosen engineers will be involved in huge international projects in cooperation with their colleagues in Denmark, Sweden and UK.
Specifics of the role include:
- Prepare pipe routing and design of technical installations e.g. pipe supports, secondary steel etc. in 3D PDMS
- Pipe stress calculations of complex pipe systems in the ROHR2 software.
- Coordinate Plant Layout with other stake holders assessing production- and construction-friendliness
- Participate in design reviews with other stake holders
- Prepare 2D workshop and arrangement drawings and as-built documentation
- Prepare technical material specifications for sub-suppliers
- Participate in evaluation of quotations from sub-supplier
- Verify and validate (check) drawings
- Technical coordination with sub-suppliers and client
- Perform technical follow-up on construction
- Observe deadlines, technical requirements, time schedule and quality of the assigned tasks - Report non-conformities.
- Observe BWV’s manuals e.g. QA manual, technology standards, department design manuals etc. and international and national norms, standards and requirements.
- Observe and prepare international and local HSE requirements and reporting.
- Notify your immediate superior, if the preconditions of a task cannot be observed, e.g. if norms, deadlines or assigned hours cannot be observed.
- Notify your immediate superior, if a situation constitutes a risk or a potential risk to persons or the company, even if the risk is outside your own field of work.
- Communication of technical lessons-learned.
- Experienced Mechanical Engineer, B.Sc or M.Sc. with min. 5 years’ experience in pipe stress analysis
- Experience with piping stress calculations and space management for power plants
- Knowledge of relevant European standards
- Experience with the Pipe Stress analysis software Rohr2 (MUST)
- Experience with 3D plant layout modeling in PDMS
- Experience with the software program Navis Works (ADVANTAGE)
- Knowledge of common software design tools, Autocad 2D, MS Excel and Word
- Good skills in English verbal communication and writing skills
- Experience with work on projects
- Analytical thinking and structural approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player able to share information across the organization
- Being part of a dedicated and dynamic team of professionals
- Working in an international and open environment
- Working with state-of-the-art engineering software
- Possibility to travel abroad /training in Denmark, project sites etc./
- Extensive communication and knowledge transfer between Denmark and Slovakia
- Flexible working time
- Proffesional and carrier growth opportunities and long-term employment
- Active use and improvement of your English language skills
- Modern offices in the centre of Trenčín
- Additional company benefits (English course, team building, christmas event,...)