Our client, the company Babcock & Wilcox Vølund, is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and technologies designed to convert household waste and biomass into thermal energy. BWV is opening state-of-the-art engineering centre in Trenčín where 40 experienced mechanical engineers will be located. Chosen mechanical engineers will get training in Danish maternity company and later on will be involved in huge international projects in cooperation with Danish and Swedish engineers.
Specifics of the role include:
- Prepare pipe routing and design of technical installations e.g. pipe supports, secondary steel etc. in 3D PDMS
- Pipe stress calculations of complex pipe systems in the ROHR2 software.
- Coordinate Plant Layout with other stake holders assessing production- and construction-friendliness
- Participate in design reviews with other stake holders
- Prepare 2D workshop and arrangement drawings and as-built documentation
- Prepare technical material specifications for sub-suppliers
- Participate in evaluation of quotations from sub-supplier
- Verify and validate (check) drawings
- Technical coordination with sub-suppliers and client
- Perform technical follow-up on construction
- Observe deadlines, technical requirements, time schedule and quality of the assigned tasks - Report non-conformities.
- Observe BWV’s manuals e.g. QA manual, technology standards, department design manuals etc. and international and national norms, standards and requirements.
- Observe and prepare international and local HSE requirements and reporting.
- Notify your immediate superior, if the preconditions of a task cannot be observed, e.g. if norms, deadlines or assigned hours cannot be observed.
- Notify your immediate superior, if a situation constitutes a risk or a potential risk to persons or the company, even if the risk is outside your own field of work.
- Communication of technical lessons-learned.
- Experienced Mechanical Engineer, B.Sc or M.Sc. with min. 5 years’ experience in pipe stress analysis
- Experience with piping stress calculations and space management for power plants
- Knowledge of relevant European standards
- Experience with the Pipe Stress analysis software Rohr2 (MUST)
- Experience with 3D plant layout modeling in PDMS
- Experience with the software program Navis Works (ADVANTAGE)
- Knowledge of common software design tools, Autocad 2D, MS Excel and Word
- Good skills in English verbal communication and writing skills
- Experience with work on projects
- Analytical thinking and structural approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player able to share information across the organization