Our client, the company Babcock & Wilcox Vølund, is one of the world's leading suppliers of equipment and technologies designed to convert household waste and biomass into thermal energy. BWV is opening state-of-the-art engineering centre in Trenčín where 27 experienced mechanical engineers will be located. Chosen mechanical engineers will get training in Danish maternity company and later on will be involved in huge international projects in cooperation with Danish and Swedish engineers.
Specifics of the role include:
- You will be involved in all phases of boiler manufacture, i.e. preparing production documentation or supervising manufacturing, handling contact with the authorities, production follow-up, transport and supporting assembly locations in connection with construction.
- Preparing production documentation or supervising the preparation.
- Reviewing production documentation.
- Calculation of pressure parts (boilers)
- Contact with the authorities.
- Technical assistance in connection with construction.
- Preparation of specifications for the procurement of materials.
- Preparation of technical specifications for procurement of boiler production.
- Production follow-up either with the subcontractor or in our own workshop.
- Coordination with construction department regarding partitioning.
- Preparing inspection and test plans, etc.
- Experienced Mechanical Engineer, B.Sc or M.Sc, or Technician
- Experience with design of pressurised parts (e.g. boilers, pipes)
- Knowledge of relevant European standards
- Knowledge of common software design tools, Autocad 2D, Inventor, MS Excel and Word
- Good skills in English verbal communication and writing skills
- Experience with work on projects
- Analytical thinking and structural approach
- Good interpersonal skills
- Team player able to share information across the organization