Jobs in Sales & Marketing – developments, trends and salaries
Sales and marketing is experiencing an unprecedented boom, which is why many professionals and graduates of schools in various branches will find employment in this segment. Education is not as important in sales and marketing as experience, business reasoning and personal abilities. Take a look and see what jobs and compensation you can expect in the segment of sales and marketing.
Graduates of sales and marketing branches
- Most employees in sales and marketing are recruited from social-science and economics backgrounds. According to the Czech Statistical Office over 120,000 students studied these fields in 2013, with women dominating the segment (62 %).
- There were over 14,000 graduates of human and social sciences in 2014, and over 23,000 students graduating in economics the same year.
- Demand for sociologists and graduates of Marketing and PR in particular is typical for marketing. However, informatics, programming and graphic design are also important in relation to Internet marketing.
- Education is not as important in sales. The ability to actively offer products and services and obtain more business for the company is essential.
- Sales agents are the employees most in demand on the job market, which is because companies continuously need to expand their business and actively offer their products and services.
- There are also no significant qualification barriers for lower level sales positions, which provides applicants with the opportunity to find jobs in various branches.
- However, companies also usually require 2 years of work experience, including demonstrable results. Excellent English or German language skills, depending on the specialisation on a specific foreign market, are also usually required.
- Most job applicants are discouraged from taking a job as Sales Agent by the method of motivation, for example the number of concluded contracts. Cooperation on the basis of a trade licence is also a negative element.
- Jobs in marketing are currently very “in”, but there is a lot of fluctuation in employees and the segment is continuously developing. This is why companies continue to seek new PPC Specialists, SEO Consultants, Project Managers, Account Managers or Brand Managers, most frequently with 2 years experience and English language skills.
TOP listed positions by the Grafton Recruitment Agency
- Marketing Director
- Marketing Manager
- PR Manager
- PR Specialist
- Brand Manager
- PPC Specialist
- Sales Director
- Sales Manager
- Sales Representative
- Purchasing clerk
Salary development in sales and marketing
A survey by the Grafton Recruitment Agency in the field of sales & marketing revealed a trend of moderately increasing salaries, with the highest salaries usually available in Prague, Brno and Liberec.
- In 2013 a Sales and Marketing Director earned up to CZK 90,000 per month, and up to CZK 120,000 in Prague in 2014.
- The salaries of Sales Agents have not improved much – they continue to be able to earn approximately between CZK 35,000 and 50,000 per month. Sales Agents in Prague, Ostrava and České Budějovice earned the most in 2014.
- Depending on region, a Marketing Specialist with 2-5 years experience can earn approximately CZK 21,000 – 45,000 per month., i.e. approx. CZK 5,000 more than in the year-on-year comparison. The lowest salaries are probably in Zlín, the highest in Prague.
- In 2013 Brand Managers could earn up to CZK 70,000 (Prague), but their salaries fell to approximately CZK 60,000 in 2014.
If you are interested in working in sales or marketing, take a look at the Grafton Recruitment Agency’s current job offers. You can also find out more about career opportunities on the Czech market, learn how to write your CV, or contact our professional consultants, who will help you find a suitable position to meet your requirements.