How to write a cover letter
A cover letter is sent with the CV right before the interview. The cover letter shows the motivation of the applicant. Therefore, we also talk about a motivation letter.
We recommend writing a cover letter for any role, temporary job, project or internship included. It is very important for fresh graduates as well as for others no matter their qualification and work experience.
Letter = e-mail
Even though we talk about “a letter”, a covering letter is mostly just text in the body of an e-mail. Your covering letter does not need to be attached as a document – but your CV does.
Fill in the subject of an e-mail.
Enter the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail. Do not leave it blank.
Tips and tricks for successful cover letter
- Modify the letter to the position you are applying for
- Try to be brief and concise
- Write about your strengths
- Match yourself to the job and write why you are the right kind of person for the role
- Stress the reasons you want to work for the company
- Write about what you can contribute to the employer
Common cover letter problems
- Cover letter is not modified to the position
- The text is too long and not easily readable
- Motivation points of the applicant are missing
- Too much data in the CV is repeated
- The cover letter is full of boasts and not trustworthy
- Spelling mistakes
How to modify your cover letter
Are you looking for a full time job?
Are you a fresh graduate? Have you just finished school and seeking your first job?
Are you applying for projects, part-time jobs or do you want to be a contractor?
Cover letter example
We have also prepared other covering letter examples, do not hesitate to be inspired by them. Try to write the cover letter honestly and by yourself – the ability to formulate your own thoughts will be appreciated by HR.
We wish you good luck in writing the cover letter in order to interest the company so you will be invited to an interview. Increase your hiring chances and also read How to prepare for an interview.